There have been a lot of exciting developments over the last few weeks, and I wanted to share a few of them with you. As you may recall, I officially submitted my manuscript for The Universe in the Rearview Mirror a month or so ago, and the manuscript has been accepted.
What you may not have known…
- We sold the audiobook rights to Recorded Books. In an odd quirk of small world-ness (or perhaps nepotism), the acquisitions person is the husband of one of my sister’s oldest friends. Who will read it? Who knows, maybe me. I’ve sent in an audition tape and everything. Wish me luck.
- The book is at the layout stage and it looks amazing. I’ve teased you guys without showing you the goods for long enough, so take a look at a couple of sample pages from the intro above. You can even see some of Herb’s awesome artwork.
- I have a really fun talk scheduled for next month. A longtime fan wrote to me to see if I would give an online talk to her cyber school. How could I resist? Next month we’ll be talking about symmetry, and doing a general Q&A.
- A former grad student (and now bigwig at the NIH) returned to the department today to give a talk and demanded the return of 1 Sentence Science Summaries. I will try to accommodate him. That is, if you guys feel the same way.
- Speaking of which, I’m starting to think about frontloading some cool Ask a Physicist columns. Here’s what I have in the hopper so far:
- How do we know we aren’t at the center of the universe?
- Why is there such a thing as a “biggest structure in the universe”?
- Will there be a Big Rip?
Think you have a better question? Then prove it.